Monday 19 March 2012

Frontier Sounds Singes Selections




That was the slightly frightening but altogether gripping, rumble noise duo Severin, with a track called High Shot taken from their debut EP called Everything Breaks out this week on Tip Top records. 




Also out this week is a sneaky single from Orbital's latest record Wonky, their first in eight years, which was released at the beginning of the Month and has been heralded as a return to form for the two brothers who are widely credited as being pioneers of the electronic music scene. It is refreshing to hear modern influence and use of technology being embrace in characteristic style by these relative OAP’s of dance, modern and relevant now in comparison to the dated sound of their debut. This is New France feat Zola Jesus. 



If my next track was released on any other week then it would defiantly have been my single of the week, a fantastic vocal, building into and anthemicaly tuneful chorus, if only I understood the words enough to repeat them, bolstered by beautiful electronic strings, rhythmic bass drums and expansive guitar, this is Amadou and Mariam featuring the ever excellent Santigold, with Dougou Badia.


Absolutely no doubt in my mind what the best single of the week was this week. When not listening to Radio Frontier, I often listen to the excellent London based Rinse FM and it was on here that I first heard this tune and it made me instantly turn the speaker up to full and start popping. So good it was I actually tweeted in to ask what song it was and thankfully I got a response, otherwise I might have gone a bit loco. It has such a progressive, addictive ascending and descending synth lead that instantly transports you to the good times with your mates in the club. This is representing UK Funky and the genre at it’s finest, T Williams with Synthia taken from his Can We EP also out this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment